Sunday, January 30, 2011

HOW TO DOWNLOAD

http://globalgamejam.org/2011/fuck-all-yall


Our game will be here. If it's not here yet then you are very fast or very impatient.

Right now the game is literally unbeatable - it works but it's not possible to successfully make it to the end, I think. WE'RE FIXING IT AS HARD AS WE CAN

Update! The game is, indeed, beatable now! (In fact I strongly urge you to make it to the end because I love the ending more than anything else about this game.) However, some computers are facing errors that don't allow them to launch the game. We're working really hard to fix this ASAP!


I FUCKING FIXED IT
At least I think I did --- version fuckallyall13.exe should now work on all windows computers.
I might write a postmortem too but I need sleep
Please play our game and I hope you like it
---Seb



--

What's next for Fuck All Y'all?
This game ended up accomplishing all the major things we wanted it to, and we're very proud of that. We really want to polish off the rough edges & minor glitches in order to release a sort of Director's Cut this week, such as including enemies and weapons that were practically 10 minutes away from making it into the game. After that, who knows? I'd like to promote the polished version around sites & communities for a bit. And the three of us are all pretty motivated to expand on the basis of this game.

I plan on writing a post-mortem here about my experience on this game jam (both from a designer's perspective and a collaborator's personal opinion), so this dev log will not be dead! So please, keep following! And a sincere thank you to everyone who's been reading along this past weekend. The statistics tell a surprisingly decent number of hits for such a dumb little project. It makes us really happy to share this absurd, fun work with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really excited to see the post-mortem, and I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation of the game.

    EDIT to previous post:
    However, after downloading, I wasn't able get past the first wall. :( Could you explain wall-jumping in a post on the blog? Also, a list of keys would be helpful (I figured out Z, X, and Arrows, but feel like I'm missing something).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex:
    Get a running jump before you scale the wall. Pressing jump while clinging to a wall will have you leap off in the opposite direction, but you can run up walls with enough speed.

    Z, X, and Arrows are all the controls!

    ReplyDelete